How to Apply to St. Mark's
We are pleased that you have decided to become a candidate for admission to St. Mark’s School.
All steps necessary to complete the application process are outlined below. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- 1. Schedule a Visit to St. Mark's
- 2. Required Testing
- 3. Complete Application
- 4. Recommendation Forms
- 5. School Report Form (Principal or Counselor Recommendation) and Home Schooling Supplement
- Portfolio Submission
An interview is REQUIRED as part of the application process, so please schedule a visit to St. Mark’s. Contact the Admission Office 508-786-6118 or firstname.lastname@example.org as our appointment calendar fills quickly. International students, please refer to our International Applicants page before contacting us to schedule a visit.
- The Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) is required for all applicants. For more information on registration and test dates, call SSATB in Princeton, NJ at 609-683-4440 or via the web at http://www.ssat.org/.
To ensure St. Mark’s receives your score report, our SSAT school code is: 6730.
- Domestic applicants may submit the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) in lieu of the SSAT. For more information on registration and test dates, call ERB at 800-989-3721 or via the web at http://www.erblearn.org/.
To ensure St. Mark's receives your score report, our ISEE school code is: 570103.
The completed application (Parts I, II, III), Family Information form and the application fee must be postmarked or submitted online by January 31 for the first round of admission decisions.
- Apply online. Our online application for 2018-2019 is now available. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
- download the application, or
- contact our office at 508-786-6118 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application package by mail.
St. Mark's also accepts the Gateway to Prep Schools, Standard Application Online (SAO), and The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS) common applications.
Please note, students who choose to apply through these common applications are required to complete St. Mark's application supplement and fulfill all of the recommendation requirements listed in sections 4 and 5 below.
- St. Mark's Application Supplement for TABS applicants
- The St. Mark's application supplement for SAO applicants is included on the SAO website
- The St. Mark's application supplement for Gateway applicants is included on the Gateway website
St. Mark's is more than just a place where your child will learn math, English, and science. Certainly the reason you're seeking to enroll your child here is because you're interested in an education that focuses on instilling character values and encouraging personal growth. Similarly, we know that your child is much more than grades and test scores. That's why we're asking your child to take The Character Skills Snapshot as part of their application. It will give us richer holisitc information about your child, and show us areas where our community can help them grow, thrive, and shine. Visit the Enrollment Management Association (EMA) to learn more.
Bring the English, foreign language, and math forms to your current teachers along with stamped envelopes addressed to St. Mark’s. Ask them to complete the forms after November 1 and return them to our office by January 31. If you are not enrolled in a foreign language course, or if English is your foreign language, please submit the science recommendation instead. The Special Interest Recommendation form is optional. St. Mark’s accepts the Common Recommendation form.
Please note that you are still required to submit all three recommendation forms if you apply through Gateway, TABS, or SSAT (SAO).
Ask a school official to send the completed School Report form and a complete transcript from the previous and current year. In addition, submit updated grades through February when they become available.
Home schooled students are required to submit the Home Schooling Supplement. You may download a printable copy or contact the admission office to have one mailed.
If you have a well developed talent in the creative or performing arts, you may submit samples of your work for review by St. Mark's art, theater and music faculty. You may also submit athletic videos for our coaches to view. St. Mark's accepts athletic videos and art submissions via Slideroom. Please review the detailed submission instructions on the Slideroom website. If you elect not to submit materials via Slideroom, you may include with your application a printed art portfolio or athletic resume that lists your training and experience, repertoire or roles performed and honors received. For network security purposes, we cannot accept submissions via USB drives, CD, DVD, or email.