- What tests are required for application?
- What are St. Mark's test codes?
- Which applications does St. Mark's accept?
- I am applying using the SSAT website or one of the common applications, do I still need to submit three teacher recommendations?
- Does St. Mark’s offer admission interviews in my area?
- I would like to submit a copy of my art portfolio / musical performance / theater performance / athletic video or other media. What is the best way to do so?
- Do you admit students to grades 11 or 12? Does St. Mark's offer a post-graduate (PG) year?
- Do I live too far away to enroll as a day student?
- Does St. Mark’s have mid-year (February/Spring) admission?
- May I apply to repeat a grade level?
- Is financial aid available?
- Can you refund my application fee? Can you refund my financial aid application fee?
An SSAT exam taken within the past year is required for all applicants regardless of citizenship and native language. Domestic applicants may submit the ISEE exam in liu of the SSAT. Score reports must be sent directly from SSAT, we cannot accept copies sent by schools or consultants. Students who are applying for 11th grade may submit the PSAT, SAT, or ACT instead of the SSAT.
Our Admission Officers do travel around the US and overseas to interview in the fall and winter. Please refer to the admission calendar to see our travel plans for fairs, receptions, and interviews. While we believe that a campus visit is always helpful, if you are unable to visit the campus, you may contact us to schedule a Skype interview. Please note, due to high demand, Skype interviews cannot be scheduled prior to the submission of your completed application including SSAT and TOEFL scores. Please contact our office prior to January 15 to request your interview so that we can schedule it prior to January 31.
If you have a well developed talent in the creative or performing arts, you may submit samples of your work for review by St. Mark's art, theater and music faculty. You may also submit athletic videos for our coaches to view. St. Mark's accepts athletic videos and art submissions viaSlideroom. Please review the detailed submission instructions on the Slideroom website. For network security purposes, submissions and links will not be accepted via email, USB drives, or CD/DVD.
There are occasions where applicants may repeat a grade level, however, this must be approved by the Director of Admission after review of the application by the admission committee. The student’s age is also taken into consideration when requesting to repeat a grade level.
While it is very common for applicants to complete a grade elsewhere and then repeat that grade at St. Mark's, students who have already attended a particular grade at St. Mark's may not repeat that same grade while they are here.
Applicants may not repeat multiple grade levels (i.e. current 11th grade students may not apply as 10th grade).