Financial Aid Step by Step
Deadline: January 15
- Beginning October 2nd, you can complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) for 2018-19 online at sss.nais.org. Contact NAIS customer service 1-800-344-8328 if you have questions about completing the PFS. The SSS Family Guide to Financial Aid brochure is available online.
- Signed copies of your family’s 2016 federal tax return (1040), including all supporting schedules and forms. Returning families may already have 2016 tax materials filed with SSS.
- 2016 W-2s and/or 1099s (if applicable).
- Non-US residents: Submit official Income/Asset Verification Forms for 2016 such as foreign tax returns and/or wage statements.
- Business/Farm statement. Complete one for each business you own. Consolidate for PFS reporting.
- The non-custodial parent must also submit a PFS form and 2016 IRS returns, including all schedules and copies of W-2s and 1099s.
- IRS Form 4506-T Every family applying for financial aid must submit a signed IRS Form 4506-T. This allows us to verify income with the IRS. Complete only items 1 - 4 and sign. Do not include a check; we will pay the fee.
By January 15, the following must be sent directly to SSS:
P.O. Box 449
Randolph, MA 02368
or courier/overnight mail to:
SSS by NAIS
Application Processing Center
Deadline: March 1
By this date, SSS must receive completed and signed 2017 IRS returns, including all personal and corporate, partnership and trust schedules, and copies of W-2s and 1099s. No official award can be finalized until your 2017 tax forms, completed and signed, are received by SSS and available to St. Mark’s. We realize that preparing income tax returns in advance of IRS deadlines presents an inconvenience. Nonetheless, this information is essential to the award process.
Deadline March 10
Financial aid decisions are mailed to families of admitted students.
Deadline April 10
Deadline for acceptance of financial aid awards. Enrollment contract and deposit are required by this date for all students, new and returning.
Deadline After April 10
St. Mark’s can only consider new applications for financial aid from families that enrolled initially without financial aid after the new student and returning student enrollment process has been completed. Awards are unlikely at this point, depending upon the number of applicants and the remaining resources.