Monday - Thursday
July 22 – 25, 2013
5 PM - 7:30 PM
Open to all interested players entering the 7-9th grades.
Fee: $200 per camper
St. Mark’s Football Clinic Goals:
- St. Mark’s Football Clinic aims to prepare 7th-9th graders for their upcoming youth football seasons, essentially serving as a four-day training camp for the young men to have before beginning their seasons.
- Each session of the camp includes conditioning and skill instruction in both offensive and defensive positions. We break down into four offensive positions (quarterback, running backs, linemen, receivers) and three defensive positions (linemen, linebackers, secondary). Two sessions include a special teams period for kickers, punters, long-snappers, returners, and holders.
- Positional Skills Stressed:
- Quarterbacks: footwork, ball handling, throwing mechanics, option technique
- Running Backs: footwork, cuts, ball handling, blocking, pass receiving
- O-Linemen: stance, start, explosion, balance, run blocking, pass protecting
- Receivers: stance, release, hand technique, ball handling, stalk blocking
- D-Linemen: stance, explosion, reading keys, defeating blocks, form tackling
- Linebackers: stance, reading, defeating blocks, pass drops, form tackling
- Secondary: stance, steps, man and zone techniques, run support, form tackling
- An on-site trainer will be available for all sessions.
- We stress a player-coach ratio of 8:1
About the Camp Director
Coach Chris Young is excited to join the rich St. Mark's Football tradition that carries back over a century. He brings with him six years of collegiate coaching experience including stints at Bentley University, Colby College, and Assumption College. Coach Young is a graduate of St. Lawrence University where he played four years at defensive tackle for the Saints.
Any inquiries can be made through Coach Young at:
Tuition is $200. This includes expert professional instruction and a complimentary camp t-shirt.
What to Bring
A helmet and shoulder pads are required. Notify your own team or school to arrange for these items. Campers should be sure to have a mouthpiece, shorts, football jersey, football cleats, and sneakers in case of rain. Water will be provided, but campers are strongly encouraged to bring their own water bottles to fill up during the sessions.
If you need to rent equipment, you may do so for a $25 fee. Rental equipment will be available for fittings on the weekend prior to camp.
DIRECTIONS to the Clinic
St. Mark's school is located at:
25 Marlboro road
The clinic will be held in our field turf facility (opened in the fall of 2011) at Clark field, which is directly across the street from the main entrance of St. Mark's on route 85.