2021-2022 St. Mark's School Visitor Policy
St. Mark’s School welcomes our vendors and visitors to campus and requires the following health and safety protocols.
A visitor for purposes of this policy is defined as anyone who is not a current student, faculty-member, staff-member, or on-campus faculty family member.
All visitors are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This includes all parents/guardians and other family members, vendors, contract employees and all those not included in those listed above.
Exceptions to the vaccine requirement include those who are planning to remain outdoors at all times, such as an outdoor athletics game, individuals who cannot medically receive the vaccine, or those with a religious exemption in which the vaccine conflicts with their sincerely held religious belief. This information will be confirmed when signing in at our Main Reception desk or as part of pre-registration for events.
On Thursday, March 31, 2022, the School transitioned to a mask-optional policy for the campus community and visitors. Visitors must still comply with the vaccination requirement listed above.
Before arriving on campus, we ask that you self-monitor for any COVID-19 symptoms and do not travel to campus if any symptoms below are present within the last 48 hours:
- Fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
- Sore throat, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea when in combination with other symptoms
- Headache when in combination with other symptoms
- Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies)< when in combination with other symptoms
Visitors should sign in at the main reception desk except those attending larger pre-planned events, such as Orientation/Registration Day, Family Weekend, Reunion, or other events which include pre-registration. However we ask that they complete an attestation in advance of the related event as part of the pre-registration and adhere to each of the other protocols within this policy. All facilities vendors should sign in at the Main Building’s loading dock.
Athletics spectators who remain entirely outdoors do not need to sign in at the Main Reception desk. Athletic spectators attending indoor events do not need to sign in, but must adhere to this policy, which requires vaccination.
Questions should be directed to the manager/supervisor of the related department for the visitor and can be shared with our Health and Safety Task Force.
This policy is subject to change based on changes in conditions and the overall health & safety needs of our community.