St. Mark’s School (Southborough, MA) seeks an Assistant Director of Admission for the 2023-24 academic year. Successful candidates will possess the strong interviewing and interpersonal skills necessary to connect with the community, prospective students, and families. This position requires travel to area and regional schools and fairs throughout the fall. The Assistant Director of Admission will also contribute to St. Mark’s vibrant boarding school community through advising, residential life responsibilities, and community responsibilities. The Assistant Director of Admission is a member of the Admission Office and reports to the Director of Admission.
We invite interested candidates to complete an application by selecting this link.
What You’ll Do as the Assistant Director of Admission:
As the Assistant Director of Admission, you will work closely with a dynamic and collaborative team committed to enrolling students aligned with St. Mark’s mission to educate young people for lives of leadership and service. This includes, but is not limited to, interviewing prospective candidates, assisting in the admission decision-making process, and assisting in the organization and running of all admission-related special events.
Other key responsibilities are as follows:
- Facilitate student, faculty, and parent participation in the campus visit program with an emphasis on training, evaluation, and accountability Travel to fairs, feeder schools, and receptions as assigned by the Director of Admission
- Cultivate special interest markets and communicate with academic, athletic, and/or arts departments according to student interests
- Enter interview notes into the admission database in a timely manner
- Support administrative staff with special projects as deemed necessary by the department
- Work admission events with student applicants and parents Monday through Saturdays
What You’ll Do as a St. Mark’s Faculty Member:
As a St. Mark’s faculty member, you will advise three to seven students, attend all school and faculty-required events, and support a residential house team by supervising evening hours once weekly and on five Saturday nights per year.
Other key responsibilities are as follows:
- Participate in community life through Social Duty (four weekends per year)
- Coach one sport during the spring athletic season (optional)
- Participate in St. Mark’s Experiential Learning Programming by teaching one Lion Term course
- Engage in professional development opportunities focused on St. Mark’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership, collaboration, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Outstanding task and time management skills with high attention to detail
- Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Proficient with computer applications such as Google Suite including Docs, Slides, and Sheets
- Ability to craft clear, well-written communications; experienced public speaker
- Two or more years of admission experience
- Experience in an educational setting, including familiarity with residential communities and the needs of adolescents
- Demonstrated success in working with culturally diverse populations
- Commitment to continuous self-reflection and professional growth
Things You’ll Love:
On-campus housing; health, dental, and vision coverage; tuition remission (100%); retirement contribution – after one year of service, the school contributes 10% of your annual salary to a 403 (b) retirement plan (100% immediate vesting); three meals a day are available at the dining hall during the school year for you and your family; use of facilities for you and your immediate family: weight rooms, outdoor pool, ice rink, basketball courts, nature trails, etc.; annual financial planning services available; parental leave: 8 weeks at full pay, and 4 weeks at a quarter pay; Health Assistance Program; Employee Assistance Program; Child Day Care financial assistance program; William A. Coolidge Fund – annual financial assistance for each employee’s child attending tuition-charging schools, etc.
Pay is commensurate with experience. For reference, please find the base salary bands for faculty members whose primary responsibilities are in the classroom below:
- Years of experience between 31 and 42 years: $84,240 - $94,340
- Years of experience between 21 and 30 years: $65,000 - $83,752
- Years of experience between 11 and 20 years: $52,000 - $63,200
- Years of experience between 0 and 10 years: $27,000 - $50,700
About St. Mark’s School:
St. Mark's School is a coed, private boarding high school of approximately 375 students with a strong, college preparatory curriculum located 22 miles west of Boston and 12 miles east of Worcester. St. Mark's School educates young people for lives of leadership and service. Founded in 1865 as an intentionally small residential community, the School challenges its students to develop their particular analytic and creative capabilities by both inspiring their academic and spiritual curiosity and kindling their passion for discovery. We value cooperation over self-interest, and we encourage all members of our community to explore their place in the larger world beyond our campus.
St. Mark's School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or genetics, and any other characteristic or status protected by law.
- Employment - Faculty