Employment Category: Full-Time/Staff
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Exempt/Non-exempt: Non-Exempt/ Hourly
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Working Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday 6:30a.m. - 3:00p.m.
Non-exempt hourly, $18.75 - $20.00 per hour
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the Custodian performs general custodial work in connection with cleaning and maintaining buildings. The Custodian is responsible for providing a safe, clean and productive environment for all students, faculty and staff.
- Performs routine and specialized cleaning of academic and non-academic spaces, including but not limited to offices, dormitories, laboratories, libraries, athletic facilities, classroom and assembly spaces, restrooms, common areas, and entryways, as assigned
- Broom sweeps, dry/damp/wet mops hard surface floors, and stairs as assigned
- Dust and/or washes furniture, walls, and horizontal surfaces Vacuum carpeted floor surfaces using light and/or heavy-duty vacuums
- Empties and cleans trash and recycling receptacles and moves trash and recyclables to designated pick-up points
- Wash interior windows
- Sanitizes bathroom surfaces and fixtures
- Dust and/or washes furniture, walls, and horizontal surfaces
- May be required to work occasional overtime in support of business needs
- May be required to perform snow removal assignments including shoveling, sweeping, and applying ice melt or sand
- Restock restrooms and custodial closets in areas needed
- A minimum of 1 year of cleaning industry experience required
- Basic proficiency in the English language including reading, writing, and speaking
- Must observe and comply with all standard safety codes and practices and perform work in accordance with recognized industry and school standards
- May be assigned to work independently or as part of a team under the guidance and direction of the Director of Facilities
- Must be able to tolerate dust and other airborne particles as well as approved cleaning chemicals
- Willingness to support the mission and work of the School and the Facilities Department
- Ability to work in a collegial manner; personable, friendly, and supportive
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully with various constituencies – students, coaches, faculty, parents, and visitors
- Demonstrate support for St. Mark's commitment to becoming an anti-racist school
- Ensure that the workout spaces are safe, profanity-free, inclusive zones and embrace our commitment to being an anti-racist institution
- Other duties as assigned in support of the department Physical Demands: kneeling, bending, ability to lift up to 20lbs
To apply for this position please submit your cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Mark's School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or genetics, and any other characteristic or status protected by law.
- Employment - Staff