Position Title: Strength and Conditioning Coach
Employment Category: Full-Time/Staff
Reports to: Director of Athletics, Head Athletic Trainer
Exempt/Non-exempt: Non-Exempt / Hourly
Benefits Eligible: Yes
St. Mark's School is seeking a full-time strength and conditioning coach. Under the supervision of the Director of Athletics and Head Athletic Trainer, the strength and conditioning coach will implement a safe, effective, and comprehensive program to improve athletic performance, reduce athletic injuries, work on injury prevention, and teach a commitment to lifelong health and fitness. This individual is responsible for overseeing the supervision and safety of the School's two fitness spaces, including establishing plans and procedures for the operation of both spaces. The strength and conditioning coach is a valuable member of the School's athletic department.
- Applicants must be certified in strength and conditioning (CSCS, NSCA, or USA weightlifting) and have 3-5 years of experience.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science or related field.
- Experience working in an educational environment is preferred.
- Oversee the supervision and safety of the Coolidge Center and Wiedergott Fitness Room.
- Communicate with head coaches to design an age and sport-appropriate program for their athletes.
- Implement strength and conditioning programs for all teams, including Varsity, JV, and 3rds teams.
- Inform the Athletic Director of any maintenance and service needed for equipment.
- Lead a strength and conditioning class four afternoons per week in the fall, winter, and spring seasons.
- Collaborate with the athletic trainers to create specific strength and conditioning plans based on the recommendations of the athletic trainers and students' rehabilitation program.
- Provide training and support to student-athletes, coaches, and all users in proper techniques and dynamic movement.
- Oversee and manage open workout hours and a daily team workout schedule in partnership with the Athletic Department.
- Willingness to support the mission and work of School and Athletic Department.
- Ability to work in a collegial manner; personable, friendly, and supportive.
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully with various constituencies – students, coaches, faculty, parents, and visitors.
- Flexibility to work evenings and Saturdays.
- Demonstrate support for St. Mark's commitment to becoming an anti-racist school.
- Ensure that the workout spaces are safe, profanity-free, inclusive zones and embrace our commitment to being an anti-racist institution.
- Other duties as assigned in support of the Athletic Department.
To Apply:To apply for this position please submit your cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Mark's School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or genetics, and any other characteristic or status protected by law.
- Employment - Staff