Title of Immediate Supervisor: Assistant Director of Facilities
Located on 250 acres in the town of Southborough, Massachusetts and just 25 miles from Boston, St. Mark's School is a coeducational, college-preparatory school educating students in grades nine through twelve. Since the School's founding in 1865, St. Mark's has educated and prepared young people for lives of leadership and service. A highly motivated team of 70 faculty members leads 360 students through a rigorous curriculum and full program of co-curricular activities.
St. Mark's School seeks a full-time Journeyman Electrician with strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, outside vendors/contractors, government inspectors, and members of the surrounding community. They are primarily responsible for performing master-level work in the design, installation, construction, modification, repair and maintenance of electrical apparatuses, equipment, and systems. This is a 40-hour per week hourly position, with on-call duty responsibilities. Expected start date: ASAP.
Essential functions, duties and responsibilities:
- Inspect, isolate, troubleshoot and repair electrical malfunctions using various test instruments
- Assist with the maintenance, testing and repair of fire alarm, elevators, and access systems
- Responsible for the maintenance of clock and programmable lighting systems
- Test electrical equipment for safety and efficiency
- Plan the layout and install wiring of new or remodeled installations
- Fabricate electrical partsInspect completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements and compliance with applicable building and safety codes and regulations; inspect related work performed by contractors
- Estimate cost, time, and materials for electrical projectsParticipate in the maintenance and operations of an electrical shop; clean, maintain and service tools and equipment used in the performance of duties.
- Maintain appropriate service and repair records.
- Research, purchase and inventory equipment parts, chemicals, and supplies.Respond to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
- Must demonstrate a customer-service focus with all constituents and maintain sensitivity and discretion when conducting work in faculty homes and student spaces.
- May train and direct the work of other staff in the area.
- Assist and serve as back up to other Facilities employees.
- Anticipate electrical issues and approach them in a proactive and creative manner.Recommend updates, upgrades, audits, and other projects to the Director of Facilities.
- Perform on-call duty after hours when needed.
- Complete all required trainings as determined by the Director of Facilities
- Other duties as assigned by the Director or Assistant Director of Facilities
- Thorough knowledge of electrical theory and methods, materials, tools, equipment, and systems used in the electrical trade
- Thorough knowledge of applicable state and federal codes and regulations pertaining to the electrical trade
- Inspection of, identification, and knowledge of all electrical distribution systems (24-12K volts)
- Methods and practices followed in the maintenance of tools, machinery, and equipment
- Knowledge of low-pressure boilers and chillers
- Thorough knowledge of hazards and safety precautions as they pertain to the trade
Qualifications and Education required:
- Trade School Diploma or High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Current valid Massachusetts Master Electrician License
- At least 4 years of experience with high voltage electrical generators and switchgears
- Current valid Massachusetts driver's license (Class D) and acceptable driving record
- Must pass state and nationwide criminal background checks
St. Mark's offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package which includes a retirement plan; generous paid time off including reduced Summer hours; and medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance plans. Interested candidates should direct a letter of introduction/cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply by mail: St. Mark's School, Attn: Human Resources,25 Marlboro Road, Southborough, MA 01772.
No phone calls, please.
St. Mark's School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or genetics, and any other characteristic or status protected by law.
St. Mark's School is committed to a safe and healthy workplace. Please view our current COVID-19 Health and Safety precautions at: https://www.stmarksschool.org/campus-life/getting-ready/health-and-safety