St. Mark's is Expanding our Pride - - - Looking for L.E.O.S. (Leaders for Educational & Operational Support)
Need strong, flexible team members to join the Pride.
St. Mark's is seeking qualified individuals to assist faculty in organizing and facilitating virtual and on-campus classes and activities. This is a great opportunity for recent graduates (to gain first-hand experience in the practice of independent school education. The ideal candidate is organized, flexible, curious, energetic, and interested in being part of a team and working alongside the students.
St. Mark's School is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, valuing diversity in its many forms. This commitment is exemplified in numerous ways, such as our welcoming Chapel program, our Pathways Program which houses ten student-centered affinity spaces, and the intersectional work within our office of Community and Equity and Global Studies programs.
- Support students and faculty during the academic day in classes and activities conducted synchronously or asynchronously. This will include helping to manage virtual classroom transitions, supporting students who cannot be physically present, providing supervision for students during meals and traveling between classes/activities, and any other support duties as assigned.
- Support the tone for routines and behavioral expectations set by the mentoring teachers.
- Participate in and support special (live and/or virtual) events/activities.
- Observe classes, assist on-site with the implementation of student projects, and facilitate lessons.
- Help to ensure the safety and well-being of all students including establishing clear boundaries with students and reinforcing expectations regarding social distancing and other COVID specific health protocols.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with students, faculty and staff members.
- Monitor snacks and meals as necessary.
- Recognize and ensure that diversity, equity and inclusion are emphasized as central to the mission of the school.
- Assist academic department teachers to organize inventory and set-up and breakdown materials as necessary.
- Assist with House, day student, and residential life duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should apply using this link.