Reporting to the Chief Financial & Operating Officer, and working with the leadership of the School, the Payroll & Accounts Receivable Accountant will be responsible for the ongoing completion of the School's bi-weekly payroll processing along with student billing management and other receipts processing and posting.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY OBJECTIVES
- Support the needs of the School by managing the payroll processing function accordingly; experience with CheckWriters Payroll preferred.
- Downloaded and coding the bi-weekly payroll journal entry for processing.
- Acting as the point person for all payroll and providing support to faculty and staff for related questions.
- Management of the parent/guardian online payment processing system for student tuition receivable, currently FACTS Tuition Management.
- Support the employee onboarding process including set up and troubleshooting for enrollment of new hires.
- Ensuring employee exit process is complete in the payroll program
- Preparing memos from payroll to vendors for the healthcare or retirement plan vendors.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of payroll or payroll-related experience.
- An independent thinker capable of understanding the full scope of projects while seeing individual tasks through to completion.
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency in Excel, Word and Google Docs.
- The ability to cultivate and build superior relationships with all employees; an open and collaborative style.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A strong commitment to education and experience leading diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- A high level of integrity and an extraordinary work ethic.
- Successful completion of a criminal records background check.
- The ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
- The ability to travel around the campus as needed.
For more information, visit www.stmarksschool.org Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Mark's School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or genetics, and any other characteristic or status protected by law.