Requirements for Renting
It is the philosophy of St. Mark’s School to permit external agencies and community groups to rent facilities under the following conditions:
- Use of the facilities and/or space is in accord with the philosophy and goals of St. Mark’s School and does not disrupt the school’s instructional or daily activities.
- The group or agency making a request adheres to a non-discriminatory policy in membership, goals and activities on the basis of personal beliefs or characteristics such as political views, religion, national or ethnic origin, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disabilities. Further, the services of the group or agency are beneficial to the community-at-large.
- St. Mark’s facilities may be rented to profit-making entities for training or other purposes, provided that the rental is not for retail purposes. Not-for-profit entities may utilize rented facilities for fundraising purposes.
A representative of the group or organization desiring to use St. Mark’s facilities must submit the online form at least three weeks prior to the desired date. There will be a rental facilities fee and additional fees for maintenance and/or security if appropriate. St. Mark’s School reserves the right to accept or decline any applicant and reserves the right to require a background check of any prospective applicant. The cost of the background checks shall be the responsibility of the applicant. St. Mark’s facilities may not be used for programs/activities deemed likely to damage the school grounds/equipment or for use to promote private, profit-making enterprises. Further details of other limitations are set out in the Facilities Use Agreement.
The following items are REQUIRED:
- A completed Rental Request Form and Facilities Use Agreement
- Lessee will provide a certificate of insurance naming St. Mark’s School as a co-insured with the following limits:
Physical Damage $250,000; Liability, single occurrence $1,000,000; Aggregate $3,000,000.