St. Mark’s educational philosophy is to advance three core values: intellect, character, and leadership. By advancing these core values in a developmentally appropriate method, St. Mark’s provides an education of consequence, sending into the world individuals who are prepared to make a meaningful difference in whatever arena they choose to focus their talents.
Our commitment to innovation as well as to interdisciplinary, experiential and community based learning is what sets us apart and is at the core of what our Signature Programs are built on.
Click on a program to the left to learn more.
- Capacity for collaborative problem-solving
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Written and oral communication
- Intercultural knowledge and competence
- Creativity and interest in knowledge for its own sake
- Ethical integrity
- Courage, confidence, and self-advocacy
- Resilience and adaptability
- Consideration and care for others
- Appreciation of personal and cultural differences
- Leadership through collaboration and teamwork
- Leading by example
- Ability to elicit excellence and cooperation from others
- Commitment to serving others
- Responsibility to make a positive impact on the lives of others