The St. Marker
The St. Marker was originally founded in 1947 by VI Former Garrison Ellis. Ellis' initial goal was to produce a real newspaper that would allow people in and outside of the school community to know what was going on at St. Mark’s School. The first issue was released on January 20, 1947. In its early years The St. Marker aimed to publish every two weeks covering school news, features, and sports. There have been significant changes since the first issue published by Ellis. 2017 is the first year the St. Marker will appear online rather than in print in hopes to publish more frequently and to be accessible to a wider readership.
The St. Marker is written for St. Marker's by St. Markers. The faculty advisor is Dr. Heather Harwood.