COVID-19 Standardized Test Impact
Due to the ongoing challenges presented with the SSAT at Home test and the numerous cancellations that have occurred, St. Mark's has made the decision to go test-optional with regard to the SSAT and ISEE.
What exactly does this mean?
- Test-optional means we will look at any SSAT or ISEE test scores you have chosen to send to us but should you choose not to send us scores, your candidacy will not be in jeopardy.
- If you would like to submit a test, in addition to the SSAT paper-based test and ISEE at Prometric, St. Mark’s will accept the SSAT Flex, SSAT at Home, and ISEE at Home.
- TOEFL or IELTS and Vericant are still required for international applicants and St. Mark's will be accepting the following in addition to the TOEFL iBT and IELTS: the IELTS Indicator, TOEFL IBT Special Home Edition and TOEFL ITP Plus Vericant until regular testing resumes. Please review all of the information within our International Applicant FAQ and contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns about testing.
St. Mark's application process is the same for domestic and international students with two exceptions:
- International students whose primary language is not English are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS, and
- International students attending school in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan are required to complete an in-person or remote interview with Vericant. Please see below for additional information and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is considered an international applicant?
- How much is the international application fee?
- When should I expect a response from St. Mark's after they receive my Vericant interview?
- I was notified that I cannot be considered for admission based on my Vericant interview and writing sample. Can you refund my application fee?
- Does St. Mark’s offer an ESL program?
- Does St. Mark’s require international applicants to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score?
- Does St. Mark's require international applicants to submit an SSAT score report?
- What are St. Mark's test codes?
- Does St. Mark’s have a minimum TOEFL, IELTS, or SSAT score required for international student admission?
- I am a dual-citizen or attend an English-speaking international school, can you waive the TOEFL / IELTS or Vericant requirement for me?
- Which applications does St. Mark's accept?
- I am applying using SAO or GTP common applications, do I still need to submit three teacher recommendations?
- Will my English teacher recommendation fulfill both the English and Foreign Language recommendation requirements?
- Does St. Mark’s offer admission interviews in my area?
- I would like to submit a copy of my art portfolio / musical performance / theater performance / athletic video or other media. What is the best way to do so?
- Does St. Mark’s issue the I-20 Form?
- Can an international applicant enroll as a day student?
- Does St. Mark’s have mid-year (February/Spring) admission?
- Do you admit students to grades 11 or 12? Does St. Mark's offer a post-graduate (PG) year?
- May I apply to repeat a grade level?
- Is financial aid available for international applicants?