Step by Step Guide to Financial Aid
Learn how to make a St. Mark’s education affordable for your family.
While our tuition is reflective of the value of our education, St. Mark’s is aware that families may need financial assistance. Using the Clarity application for financial aid, our Financial Aid Office determines award size based on demonstrated need.
See the deadlines and step by step guide to financial aid below, and please know:
- We are committed to helping a broad spectrum of families, so individual needs are reviewed every year to accommodate new circumstances.
- Financial aid consists entirely of grants that need not be repaid.
- St. Mark’s does not offer academic or athletic scholarships.
By this date, families must complete the Clarity application, including relevant supplemental documents online at https://app.clarityapp.com/sign-up.
To get started, please go to the Clarity Application and create an account. The application typically takes less than 30 minutes to complete. The Clarity Application is also mobile-friendly so you can complete it from anywhere. You are also able to save your progress and return at any time. At the end of the application, there is a $60 fee to submit, and you can share your application with additional schools that accept the Clarity Application for no additional charge. Simply use the dropdown menu in the application to select those schools.
Please remember to return to your dashboard after you complete and submit your Clarity application, as St. Mark’s School requires you to upload additional tax documentation including the items listed below.
Upload the following directly to Clarity:
- Signed copies of your family’s federal tax return (1040), including all supporting schedules and forms.
- W-2s and/or 1099s (if applicable).
- Non-US residents: submit official income/asset verification forms, such as foreign tax returns and/or wage statements.
- Non-custodial parents must also submit a Clarity application and IRS returns, including all schedules and copies of W-2s and 1099s.
If you need support during the process of completing your application, there is in-app support available through the “Help” button in the bottom left of the Clarity screen, as well as email and phone support at email@example.com or 206-210-3752, in both English and Spanish. The application itself is also fully translated into Spanish.
On this date, financial aid decisions are mailed to families of admitted students.
This is the deadline for acceptance of financial aid awards. Enrollment contract and deposit are required by this date for all students, new and returning.
By this date, families must upload completed and signed current year IRS returns to Clarity, including all personal and corporate, partnership and trust schedules, and copies of W-2s and 1099s. No official award can be finalized until your tax forms, completed and signed, are uploaded to Clarity and available to St. Mark’s.