Financial Aid Step by Step
Deadline: January 15
Beginning October 2nd, you can complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) for 2019-20 online at sss.nais.org. Contact NAIS customer service 1-800-344-8328 if you have questions about completing the PFS. The SSS Family Guide to Financial Aid brochure is available online.
By January 15, the following must be uploaded directly to SSS:
- Signed copies of your family’s 2017 federal tax return (1040), including all supporting schedules and forms. Returning families may already have 2017 tax materials filed with SSS.
- 2017 W-2s and/or 1099s (if applicable).
- Non-US residents: Submit official Income/Asset Verification Forms for 2017 such as foreign tax returns and/or wage statements.
- The non-custodial parent must also submit a PFS form and 2017 IRS returns, including all schedules and copies of W-2s and 1099s.
- IRS Form 4506-T Every financial aid applicant must download, complete lines 1-4 and sign IRS form 4506-T. Upload the form to the SSS document section of your PFS. The form may be mailed, for those who cannot scan, to:
SSS by NAIS
P.O. Box 449
Randolph, MA 02368
Deadline: March 1
By this date, you must upload completed and signed 2018 IRS returns to SSS, including all personal and corporate, partnership and trust schedules, and copies of W-2s and 1099s. No official award can be finalized until your 2018 tax forms, completed and signed, are uploaded to SSS and available to St. Mark’s. We realize that preparing income tax returns in advance of IRS deadlines presents an inconvenience. Nonetheless, this information is essential to the award process.
Deadline March 10
Financial aid decisions are mailed to families of admitted students.
Deadline April 10
Deadline for acceptance of financial aid awards. Enrollment contract and deposit are required by this date for all students, new and returning.
Deadline After April 10
St. Mark’s can only consider new applications for financial aid from families that enrolled initially without financial aid after the new student and returning student enrollment process has been completed. Awards are unlikely at this point, depending upon the number of applicants and the remaining resources.