Frequently Asked Questions
- What will the school year look like for my student if we choose to attend remotely while other students attend class in person?
- What percent of classes will boarders attend in person vs on their computer in a dorm room?
- How will remote students participate in lab work and studio work? How will these students be assessed?
- Will any of the music classes (choir, jazz, a capella) happen in the fall?
- How will you decide which classes will be held virtually vs. in person?
- Will students receive grades this fall or be graded using a pass/fail evaluation?
- Are temporary day students (within the 30 mile radius) allowed to do a combination of on-campus and remote learning or is it either/or?
- Can students choose to attend school remotely this fall?
- What is the plan for Saturday classes?
- How will advisory be conducted?
Community and Residential Life
Health & Safety
- How will the classrooms and dining facilities be set up to allow for social distancing?
- Will masks be provided for students?
- Can you please describe the protocol from the perspective of both the student and the school when a student develops one of the many signs or symptoms of COVID?
- Will just boarders be asked to be tested or will day students also be expected to be tested?
- Where can I get a PCR test?
- When should my student take the PCR test?
- What is the threshold for closing the School should there be cases of COVID-19 on campus?
Quarantining Before Arriving on Campus
- Are you asking out-of-state students to come to Massachusetts two weeks prior to arriving at St. Mark’s to quarantine?
- Will St. Mark’s provide transportation from Logan Airport to the Residence Inn for quarantine?
- Can parents quarantine at the Residence Inn with their student?
- Will students be restricted to their rooms in the Residence Inn while in quarantine?