The Parents' Association coordinates and hosts a number of events for St. Mark's parents and guardians throughout the year. Below are upcoming events as well as some other important information.
April 26 at 7:00 p.m. EDT - Building A Social Justice Mindset
Colleen Worrell, director of the Center for Innovation for Teaching and Learning, highlights the program she presented during the St. Mark’s Community and Equity Day this past winter. This interactive program will give parents a lens into how and what their children are learning at St. Mark’s. Register here.
A Zoom link will be sent to registrants an hour before the event.
May 12 at 3:00 p.m. EDT - Parent/Faculty/Staff Book Club
The next book club meeting will take place via Zoom, and we will discuss The Girl with the Louding Voice by Abi Daré.
Interested in attending? Please email Laurie Kalapinski (email@example.com) or Joanne Flathers P’15, ’19, ’21 (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive the Zoom link the morning of May 12.
At the end of this meeting, we’ll choose summer book titles.
Other book titles mentioned by members, in no particular order, are:
- Lilac Girls by Gladis Gervas
- Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
- Conviction by Denise Mina
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years by Julie Andrews Edwards with Emma Walton Hamilton
- We Run the Tides by Vendela Vida
- The Keeper of Lost Things by Ruth Hogan
- Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
- Facing the Wave: A Journey in the Wake of the Tsunami by Gretel Ehrlich